Monday, January 24, 2011

REVIEW: ALMAY Pure Blends Foundation and Clean & Clear In-Shower Facial


ALMAY Pure Blends Foundation- So while the CVS clearance sales were going on, I ran into this product and completely bought it on a whim! I was scanning through the whole store and there were two of these foundations left and they were both in my color!! (My color for these is Sand.) I was super lucky! They were each $2.62 due to the sale so I decided to get both! :) (They retail for $10.50 each.) I had never heard of this product nor I had ever tried any ALMAY products before. This foundation has SPF 20 and is made from 97.4% natural ingredients! Oddly enough, the company does not specify whether or not this is a liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. I however would classify it as a tinted moisturizer.. It was quite oily feeling to be honest. I was not too fond of this because I do have oily skin; however, I was able to get rid of the overly glowy finish by covering it with powder. This also easily comes off your face if you accidentally wipe your shirt against your face or something so I could not imagine wearing this in the summer like other tinted moisturizers because with the sweat and everything this would be a mess. I would say this product is perfect for people with dry skin and relatively clear skin because there was minimal coverage with this. The product when applied though does not look cakey at all and really melts into your skin which is gorgeous. There is also a floral scent to this foundation that I don't really like.. but then again it doesn't really bother me that much. This is also hypoallergenic meaning that it will probably not cause you to break out which is always a plus. :) Overall, I think this product is okay but I would probably not repurchase this especially because in my opinion it is not worth over $10.

Clean & Clear Morning Burst In-Shower Facial- I finally finished a full bottle of this so I thought it would be appropriate to do a full review on it. Basically this is a face wash you are supposed to leave on your face for 1-3 minutes while you are in the shower because the steam from the water is supposed to work with the product. The smell of this is very citrusy and has scents of orange in it which I loved. However, I did not find that this product made my skin clearer or smoother at all. It is an exfoliant too but the beads in it are super small. The only good thing about this was that my face did feel cooler and refreshed once I stepped out of the shower. Juicystar07 from Youtube mentioned that this product brings up your acne to wear it is close enough to the surface to pop. That was totally not true for me with this product; it didn't do anything regarding that aspect. This is only good for the purpose of wanting to feel more awake in the morning.. otherwise there really is no point in getting this. Oh also, I feel like this product is a ripoff because there is so little product in the tube. Like literally, I think 20% of the bottle is filled with air. I probably got 10 uses out of this before it ran out. It cost $6.99 or something close to that but I will not be repurchasing this either because it just didn't do enough for me.

Let me know if you have tried either product and whether or not it worked for you!

xoxo,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment