Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hair Regimen and Products

Let me start by saying this is what's working for my hair, your hair may not respond the way my hair does to this regimen.  I also would like to tell you my hair type which is 3c/4a I think...don't hold me to it...lol!  I also have relaxed hair, now after being natural for almost two years.  However, my relaxer basically tex-laxed my hair meaning I still have my curl pattern it just a bit looser and less poofy.

Regimen

·         Shampoo: Sunday
·         Co-wash: Wednesday
·         Deep Condition: Sunday (Protein) and Wednesday (Moisture)
·         Pre-poo: Before Shampoo and Co-wash
·         Moisturizer: Sunday (Moisture) and Wednesday (Protein)
·         Seal: after every moisturizer
·         Monday: Moisture (Morning and Night)
·         Tuesday: Protein (Morning) and Moisture (Night)
·         Thursday: Moisture ( Morning and Night)
·         Friday: Moisture (Morning) Protein (Night)
·         Saturday: Moisture (Morning and Night)
·         Fourth Sunday clarify
·         Heavy protein treatment one week before relaxer
·         Stretch Relaxers 10 weeks or longer
·         One heat pass per month
·         Low manipulation hair styles
·         Protective Hair Styles (ends are in)
·         Cover hair at night with silk or satin scarf  or bonnet
·         Detangle from bottom up while wet with a big tooth comb while deep conditioning
·         Search and destroy method for split ends
·         Dusting or trim with every perm, whichever is needed
·         Air dry after shampooing and co-washing
·         Drink plenty of water

I know this looks like a lot but I gave as much detail as I could in short bullets, but most of all listen to your hair!  Tweak your regimen as many times as you need.  Your hair tells you what its likes by staying on your head…lol!  When you do something it doesn’t like it will shed and break.  It’s up to you to find what your hair likes. 

Hair Products
·         
Shampoos: Aussie Moist, Proclaim Intense  Moisturizing, L’Oreal Everstrong Sulfate Free Hydrate, L’Oreal Everstrong Sulfate Free Recontruct, Ion Clarifying Shampoo,
·        
Conditioners: Aussie Moist, Proclaim Intense Moisturizing, L’Oreal Everstrong Sulfate Free Hydrate, GVP Conditioning Balm, L’Oreal Everstrong Sulfate Free Reconstruct
·         
Deep Conditioner: Organic Root Stimulator Replenish Pak (protein), Olive Oil added to conditioners (moisture), Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle
·      
  Leave In Conditioner: Herbal Essences Long term Relationship (moisture), Elasta QP leave in H2 (moisture), Infusium 23 Moisture (moisture) , Infusium 23 Repair and Renew (Protein), Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse and Leave in Conditioner (moisture), Hask Placenta (heavy protein)
·       
  Oils: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, One n Only Argon Oil, Keracare Essential Oil, Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Elixer
·        
Moisturizers: Orangic Root Stimulator Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion (moisture), Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisture (protein), Profective Mega growth Lotion (protein), African Pride Olive Oil Miracle Moisturizer Lotion (moisture)
·         
Misc: Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel, Just For Me Hair Milk with Soy and Honey Straighten Mist Heat Protectant, Special Effects Flat Iron Heat Protectant, Organix Coconut Milk Split End Mender, Mane n Tail Detangler

I use a rotation of products so my hair doesn’t get “immuned” to what the product is suppose to do for my hair. I also plan to add grape seed oil and castor oil to my regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment