Monday, July 4, 2011

Lasting Power Test: E.L.F. Essentials Eyelid Primer VS. MAC Paint Pot


Okay so I decided to test which eyelid primer lasted the longest! The e.l.f. Eyelid Primer only costs $1 whereas the MAC Paint Pot costs $16.50. Big price difference. They both definitely make your eyeshadow last longer. I put swatches of both on my hand, put some pink eyeshadow over the top, and went through my day with it on. I washed my hands, ate, etc. Here are the results:

MAC's Paint Pot lasted a few hours longer. Both primers were definitely waterproof as I washed my hands three times and they didn't come off. After about four hours I accidentally swiped my hand and the e.l.f. side came off whereas the MAC one was also taken off a little bit. However, after about 6-7 hours into the test, I could still see a bit of the color and shimmer of the MAC Paint Pot.

I would say these are both good primers. If they are on your eyes and not your hands like I tested then I bet they could both last for a long time and could probably get you through a school or work day. The MAC Paint Pot definitely lasted longer but I think in the end it comes down to how much money you want to spend on a product. The plus side of the Paint Pot though is that it can be used as a cream eyeshadow too and won't move for basically a whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment