Friday, April 8, 2011

Long, Medium, and Short Lasting Makeup!


When I watch makeup review videos, the thing I listen for the most is the staying power of the product. I have oily skin and sweat easily so usually throughout the day my makeup will start smearing or wearing away so stain power is very important to me! Therefore, I have brought you this post and I hope you find it helpful!

Short Lasting Makeup Products
- These are the products that drive me insane. They are the ones that smear and are high maintenance! :(

Wet N' Wild coloricon Dual-Ended Eyeliner- One side is a regular eyeliner and the other side is a liquid glitter eyeliner. The glitter dries so slowly and moves all over your lid as soon as you blink. I also tried it in the inner corners of my eyes and that hardly works either. The pencil eyeliner smears within minutes of applying it. (I do not own the picture shown.)
What to do with an eyeliner that sucks: Use it to tight line your eyes!

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow- Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love the look of this lipgloss (I even did a review of it. Click here to see the post!). However, I think due to the amount of glitter in it, the product does not last very long. I find myself reapplying this all the time at school.. I do not know about the other lipglosses in the Super Lustrous line though, they may be fine stain-power wise.

Medium Lasting Makeup

Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Mascara

Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner- Probably the best pencil liner that I own.. but I do have to check the mirror every now and then to get rid of the smudges on the edge of my eyes.


ALMAY Pure Blends Tinted Moisturizer

 Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder Make-up

LONG LASTING MAKEUP!

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof Mascara and Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara


Revlon Colorstay Combination/ Oily Skin Foundation- HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT I kid you not, I have worn this all through school and tennis practice and it is by far the longest lasting foundation I have ever used. It really does make your skin look flawless and evenly toned. It does a great job of giving a matte finish and I can literally swipe my finger across my face during tennis practice, wipe my shirt, and have no color or residue come off. It's amazing! Also, I don't know why but I really like the smell of this foundation! The foundation easily makes me feel more confident probably because the smell makes me acknowledge that I'm wearing it and that it is giving me awesome coverage!

Wet N' Wild Gel Eyeliner- HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I have finally found my eyeliner that does not smear!!!! :) :) I have been on the longest hunt for a product like this and have finally found one! I, however, would not apply it with the brush that it comes with because that makes it a little streaky and too intense/ dark. I use a brush with a very thin tip to soften my look and for accuracy. The product though honestly does not smear! If you make a mistake when applying this eyeliner, make sure you fix it quickly otherwise it is not coming off! Like seriously, I played tennis, took a shower, used makeup remover, and the product did not completely come off. That totally says something! I know for some people, they don't like products that are a hassle to get off but to me that's what I look for in an eyeliner: stain power!

Let me know what are your short, medium, or long lasting products! Also tell me if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them! I would also love to hear what are your holy grail products!

No comments:

Post a Comment