Saturday, April 16, 2011

REVIEW: e.l.f. Beauty Book Smokey Eye Edition/ HELP on my e.l.f. Shopping List!

Hey everyone! So today when I was chilling with my mom, I was talking to her about the e.l.f. Beauty Book palette in the Smokey Eye Edition because she bought this about a month ago. She told me that she bought this because of the reasonable price and because she needed a decent black eyeshadow. This was limited edition and you may not be able to find it anymore.. I think they still sell it in Ross and TJ Maxx stores though for $5! Anyways, this contains 12 eyeshadows, 1 black eyeliner, and 1 sponge applicator. (Pictures of the Beauty Book are from http://plustique.blogspot.com/)


The shades outlined below are the only shades that I liked. They were highly pigmented and not as chalky as the other ones. The black is actually pretty high quality. It has a bit of shimmer in it but has super long stian power. I swatched it on my hand and then rubbed my hand under running water and it still did not all come off. I'm loving the silver as well as it has a metallic finish. I however did not try out the eyeliner or sponge applicator so I can't way anything about that.

So overall, I would not recommend this palette. The other colors besides the ones in the yellow outline are nothing special at all and don't give off much coloration.

Alright, so now for the part where I need your help. My friend and I are going to order some e.l.f products online in a week and I am oober excited! Here is what I am planning to buy. I have done a fair amount of research on each item so this may help you if you are planning to order from e.l.f. soon, too! I would really love if you could tell me whether or not you have tried the product and what you thought of it! I would also love the hear recommendations for great products!
 

e.l.f. Essentials Eyelid Primer (my friend swears by this!) and False Lashes- $1 each
    
  
e.l.f. Essentials Flirty Eyelash Palettes- $3
(Look how gorgeous the ones with gems are!)
 
                        e.l.f. Essentials Natural Lash Kit and Mechanical Eyelash Curler- $1 each
    
e.l.f. Studio Complete Coverage
Concealer in Medium- $3
 
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral- $3
   

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn- $3
e.l.f. Essentials Shine Eraser (comes with 50 sheets)- $1

e.l.f. Essentials Lipstick in Classy and Seductive- $1 each

e.l.f. Essentials Super Glossy Lip Shine in Goddess, Malt Shake, and Watermelon (the first two look the same online but they are not in person)- $1 each

e.l.f. Essentials Foundation Brush- $1
e.l.f. Studio Powder and Concealer Brush- $3 each
e.l.f. Essentials Zit Zapper- $1

Whew! Okay, so I know I am buying alot but I really want to take advantage of the amazing prices!
PLEASE let me know what you think about a product if you have tried it before!! Your help is much appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment