Sunday, May 1, 2011

REVIEW: Burt's Bees Products!!

So since my friend gave me a kit of Burt's Bee's products for my birthday (click here to check out my entire birthday haul!) and since this was my first time trying this company, I thought it would be helpful to do a review of what I got! I was more than ecstatic to receive this present because I have pretty rough hands with calluses and stuff because that's what comes with being a tennis player. lol The gift I received had mini sizes of all of these items but I will mention the size and price of the full-sized product.

Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme (2 oz jar- $9.00)
This is very very sticky. It does not feel like a lotion or creme at all. I don't really like the smell of this either.. it kind of smells like bark on a tree. lol But I guess it does help my hands feel a little smoother. I would recommend putting this on at night when you're going to sleep because I think you wouldn't be able to get anything done if you put this on during the day. haha


Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme (2 oz jar- $9.00)

This one is very similar to the Almond Milk Creme but I use it way more and love the smell of it! It smells just like bananas! :) The ingredients in this and the Almond Milk Creme are 100% natural! This again is very sticky so I wear this before going to bed. I've actually almost hit pan on this!



Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion (8 fl oz- $10.00)

I really love this product! It's a little bit relaxing because it is made of milk and honey so it feels like you are soaking yourself in cream. lol It is pretty fast absorbing and leaves your skin feeling smooth! If you get this product, make sure you shake it A LOT otherwise it will be super liquidy and runny! The ingredients in this are also 98.2% natural!






Baby Bee Nourishing Lotion (6 oz- $7.99)
I honestly haven't really tried this one out yet because I just can't get myself to like the smell.. so I can't say much about this product. lol I would say though that this also needs to be shaken A LOT before using because otherwise it will be super liquidy and runny! But it is 99% natural so that's good! lol







 

Hand Salve (3 oz- $9.00)
I got this in the mini size but when I was at my friend's house (Jon, who was the one who gave me the gift set!), I saw the full sized product and it is really big!! Anyways, this product is not really creamy but rather you have to dig you fingers into it. I personally like it a lot and it is known as Burt's Bees "most intense hand treatment". It definitely made my hands feel smoother.


Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (.60 oz Jar- $6.00)
This has about the same consistency as the Hand Salve except this is a little more stiff. When I use this, I just rub my finger across the top and then apply it to my cuticles. This works pretty well and does make my cuticles feel smoother. It has pretty good lasting power and lingers a while on your fingers. I don't get much of a lemon scent out of this but it is still pleasant. This product is also 100% natural!






Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream (3.18 oz- $13.00)
This product didn't do to much for me.. I applied it at night and then would but the Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme on my calluses but I don't this Repair Cream made my hands all that smoother. It does smell like Shea Butter which in my opinion is not that strong but is an okay scent. It has a little bit of a thicker texture than a typical lotion. This product also needs to be shaken a lot before you use it because the thicker parts tend to separate from the liquid! This cream is also 100% natural!




Coconut Foot Creme (4.34 oz- $9.00)
OMG I love this product! It smells good and feels really good! I put this on before I go to sleep and it is recommended that you wear cotton socks over it (trust me you want to do this otherwise you will get it all over your floor). This product isn't fast absorbing though.. sometimes I can still feel it on my feet when I wake up in the morning. I love the scent of this creme too! This is probably the product that is most true smelling of its scent.. it smells like straight up coconut! This product is also 99.4% natural! I have already recommended this to some people and I will probably end up buying the full size of this product!



Well there you go! I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have tried any of the the products that I mentioned or if you have any recommendations!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment