Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

I envy those who are creative with a nail art pen and as statement nails are becoming more and more popular, I thought I would take the easy way out and try Sally Hansen's new Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in LACED UP.

I purchased the box of 16 nail polish strips for $9.95 from Priceline (which is pricey for one use only but I think if I do repurchase again, it will be for a special occasion), the box also contained a cuticle stick, mini buffer and file as well as application instructions.

After reading the instructions I thought I had the application down pat but after my first attempt to my little fingernail I thought "I may need some more assistance".... so I hit up YouTube (always good for everything!).

Take 2, after actually watching someone apply the polish strips, application was so much easier. Its as easy as choosing the correct size strip, peeling both the backing and clear plastic off and placing it onto the nail while smoothing onto and over the nail and filling off the excess.



The end result is a funky looking manicure giving the appearing of a flawless paint job that can last up to ten days (we'll see).



Have you tired Salon Effects? If so, I would love to know how they were for you and if they lasted up to 10 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment