Friday, March 11, 2011

Collective Makeup Haul!

Ok...Let me start by saying this was purchased over a 3 month span.  I have many companies that I continuously buy from, so when they come out with new colors or collections I'm the first the jump on it...lol!  I also buy because I found a product that I like and would like to expand my color selection.  Ok lets dig in!  


I recently ran out a my mascara, which at the time was Loreal Voluminous, so I decided to stop by my local Walgreens and find a replacement.  I picked up this mascara with high hopes.  I need a mascara that can plump and lengthen my lashes because I have short, thin, straight ones.  So I get home and try this and I HATED IT!  But I didn't give up, I have a lash primer that I barely use, so I decided to prime my lashes and then give this mascara another go....and this time I LOVED IT!  Of course, with the primer on first this is my go to mascara.  It also has a curved wand which makes application sooo much easier, especially those hard to get outter lashes. I purchased this mascara for around $8.



I love Kat Von D's Palettes and this is the newest one in Truth.  Her palettes are very pigmented and very easy to work with.  I have read many comments on blog posts about how people refuse to buy her palettes because of who she is and what she does....etc etc etc...I personally think this is a lil crazy!...lol.. She makes a  great product, so I support her...people expect celebrities and really anyone in the spotlight to be completely perfect and not make any mistakes.  I just don't see how one person can hold another to those standards...we're all human and we will all make mistakes and have our own way of doing things...I swear sometimes people really need to get a grip!...LOL! Any whooo...back to this lovely palette...All of these shadows are powder except for the fourth color from the left, which is a cream.  I purchased this palette for $34 at Sephora online.
 I tried my best to get the most accurate color..but my camera just does not them it justice :( .   These shadows were swatched over Urban Decay's Primer Potion.  Also, the last color on the right is a matte and the only matte in the palette.
Shadows from left to right: Sugar Skull, Long Distance, Snake Eyes, Finland (Cream), Prague (my fav), Galeano, Rehab, and Sister (Matte)

I just picked this up....ummmm...just because there was really no reason just thought it looked cute in the packaging...lol!  Plus I'm a true believer in retail therapy..lol! This is Loreal's Color Riche in Soft Brown...This a great product..alone its rather sheer but it looks great over neutral lipsticks, as you can see in my FOTD today.  Another plus is its not sticky at all. I purchased this from Walmart for around $7.

I've currently been on a blush kick and have gone a lil crazy with it.  I'm deeply in love with Nars blushes and working on expanding my color selection. Again my camera does not do them justice :(...Both of these colors are much more vibrant in person....I purchased these from Sephora online for $27 per blush.
Exhibit A is a really bright matte burnt orange color, perfect for deeper skin tones, but still BE CAREFUL...this blush is no joke...it will have you looking clownish in point 3 seconds...LOL! So make sure to use a light hand.
Desire is a Bright Matte Barbie Pink...again use a light hand.

E.L.F. came out with new colors in their mineral eyeshadow line.  I just adore this shadows.  These shadows are my favorite product from E.L.F. In my opinion they are right up there with higher end shadows.  I even wore one of these on my wedding day, thats how good they are!  They're suppppeerr pigmented, cute packaging and only $3...You cant beat that with a stick!  So with these added to my collection I currently own all of the mineral eyeshadows that E.L.F. makes! YAAAYYY!!!!
Dreamy is a bright teal shimmer, Beachy is a bright cornflower shimmer, Flirty is a bright purple shimmer, Outdoorsy is a deep golden shimmery hunter green and Smoldering is a shimmery silver 
From Left to Right: Dreamy, Beachy, Flirty, Outdoorsy, Smoldering
These shadows were swatched over Urban Decay's Primer Potion

All I have to say about this is it smells FREAKY AWESOME!!!! I picked this up from Rue 21 for only $10. Its going to be my summer fragrance along with my Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, Ralph Lauren Rocks and Cool Water.  This perfume is very sweet and fruity smelling. Plus the packaging was too cute. 
Here's what the web says about the notes in it: Surround yourself with sparkling fruity pomegranates, apples 

sand pears. Travel to a luscious garden with peonies and jasmine. Lay down in delicate blonde woods and amber crystals.



OK. So Hard Candy has came out with a "Benefit-ish" packaging blush. (Yes I made up my own word...thats how i do...lol)  There are 5 in all, but I only picked up 2 from my local Walmart for around $6 a blush.  They are called Fox in a Box, I personally love the packaging and the idea behind the blushes and bronzers, but for me the fall a lil short.  They have decent pigmentation, but they are kind of powdery.  The packaging says you're suppose to swirl all the colors for your perfect shade.  So trying to follow directions I stick my brush in and swirl and start to apply it on my cheeks and I see a puff of powder coming from my brush...lol! Oh by the way, I used my personal blush brush because the brush that comes with it is pretty useless for application of this blush...It looks cute thats why I left it in with the blush.  Even tho it does give my cheeks a nice lil glow..if you suffer from allergies or asthma hold your breath while you apply these...lol!
Starting from the top left block I swatched each of the colors by row
This a picture of all the colors swirled together using a blush brush.
I know this one is hard to see...sorry

Ok. So pretty much er' body and their mama knows that Wet n Wild came out with some new color icon trios and 3 new 8 pan color icon palettes.  So I decided to pick up the most popular trio and all of the 8 pan palettes.  Wet n Wild is an extremely cheap drugstore brand  with great pigmentation. The new Wet n Wild 8 pan palettes are only sold at Walgreens and Walmart only from what I understand and will run you $4.99 while the trio runs about $2.99.  I would like to share my favorite with you...but I love them all!
Silent Treatment
I actually swatched this upside down of what it is in the palette.  I also believe the reason this palette is so popular is because of the last or bottom color in the palette (my first or top swatch).  It is a pretty shimmery taupe color.
Comfort Zone
Soooo my camera sucks right...lol..but the last swatch on the right is actaully a brown-green duo tone shadow...very pretty!
Blue Had Me At Hello
Again the last swatch on the right is a lil different it is a black with silver glitter in it
Petal Pusher

NAIL POLISH!!!!!

So I went a lil nail polish crasy too over the past couple of months.  But with China Glaze, which is my favorite nail polish brand, coming out with some many cool collections I really couldn't help myself.
I normally buy my China Glaze Nail Polish from e-tailers such as head2toebeauty.com or 8ty8beauty.com for a discounted price.  But the crackle glaze collection sold out online with a few days of it launching and stayed sold out.  So I purchased that collection minus black mesh, which is the black crackle, from my local Sallys Beauty.
Ingrid: Brown with gold reflects
Sunset Sail: Soft Peach with tiny baby silver shimmers
Pelican Gray: Light gray with tiny baby silver shimmers (This is my all time favorite gray)
Below Deck:  Mauvy Taupe
Starboard: Beautiful vibrant true green
First Mate: Deep Royal-ish Blue
Sea Spray:  Soft blue-green with tiny baby silver shimmers
High Def: Periwinkle shimmer that has a small halo effect
Gamer Glam: Shimmery Purple that has a small halo effect
Sand Tropez: Muted Tan
Break Up: Duotone glitters big and small
Cracked Concrete
Brokened Hearted
Crushed Candy
Lightning Bolt
Fault Line
Fashion Addict: Soft Lavender with small halo effect
Worth the Risque: Silver Shimer with Halo effect
\
Revvvolution: Charcoal gray with small halo effect
With Abandon: Black with gold glitters

No comments:

Post a Comment