Thursday, March 24, 2011

How To Get Big Bold Beachy Waves!

 

I have always loved the way relaxed wavy hair looked but was never achieve it because of my thick pin straight hair. I have found a way that works for me and wanted to share it with you all! Last summer at a camp, my roommate pulled out this huge hair iron that I had never seen before. It was a 3 barrel iron and made her hair gorgeously wavy. I asked her if I could try it and loved the way my hair turned out! I went to Target last week and saw one just like it and it only cost $23! Here is a picture of it. It is the Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic 3-Barrel Jumbo Waver.


How to use: It opens up and you put a few strands of hair between the plate and the barrels. When you push down on the handle, the barrels will compress your hair and make it wavy! The barrels are 1-inch barrels and are the perfect size!

When I first saw this, I thought it was going to work by wrapping your hair around the different barrels or something but it is actually very easy to use! You might even be able to use it as a curling iron and curl two pieces of hair at once! This product comes with a dial of 30 heat options and heats up in 30 seconds. The only bad thing about it is that is a little big so it might be annoying to travel with. However, it comes with a ring on the back of it so you can clamp the handle down and it will take up less room.


After I use the iron, I like to finish off my hair with the Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray! This is in the scent Sunset Citrus and only costs $3.59. It totally reminds me of the beach! I wish I could spray this all over my body as a perfume because I love the smell! It smells like a mix of oranges and peaches! This hairspray is perfect because it holds the hair in place but doesn't make it all that crunchy if you don't concentrate it in one area.






Let me know your secret for achieving big and bold beachy waves!

No comments:

Post a Comment