Thursday, March 17, 2011

COMPARISON: Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter VS. BBW Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion







 VS.








Summer is coming and lemon is a perfect scent for the season! I was given the Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter by my dad and I purchased the Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion myself a few months ago. You might be wondering why I'm comparing a body butter with a body lotion but it is because these two products have relatively the same texture. You can purchase the Bliss product from Sephora and the Lemon Vanilla product from Bath & Body Works! Alright, here is the comparison!

Why the Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter is better than the BBW Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion:
  • It makes skin smoother than the BBW lotion does.
  • Easy to use squeeze tube
  • Is absorbed by skin faster
  • Is targeted and suitable for both men and women. (The Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion is more suitable for women.)

Why the BBW Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion is better than the Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter:
  • Cheaper! (An 8 oz bottle costs $10.50 whereas a 6.7 oz bottle of the Bliss product costs $28!)
  • Leaves more of a glow on skin
  • Smells better! Lemon Vanilla is sweet smelling whereas the Bliss body butter smells almost like Eucalyptus.
  • Better looking packaging

Personally, I like the Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion more solely because it smells better. lol However, if you are okay with a more herb-y smell then I think the Bliss product is better because it more effective on the skin. Both products do come in smaller sizes that are a bit more affordable. The Lemon Vanilla Body Lotion comes in a 3 fl oz bottle that costs $5; the Bliss Body Butter comes in a 1.7 oz tube for $6 (again the BBW product gives you more for your money.) But in the end, it is up to you to decide which is more suitable for your needs.

I hope you found this post helpful! Let me know if there is anything you would like me to compare next!

No comments:

Post a Comment